Today's stop on the TLC Ultimate Western Blog Tour features USA Today Bestselling Author Delores Fossen and Texas On My Mind, the first book in her HQN The McCord Brothers series. I enjoyed the second McCord Brothers book, Lone Star Nights (click to read my review) so much I immediately downloaded Texas On My Mind as well as the two series novellas, Cowboy Trouble and What Happens on the Ranch. I also have my book buying calendar marked for September 27th and the next book in the series, Blame It On The Cowboy.
Top Ten Things You Didn't Know About Texas On My Mind
by Delores Fossen
1. The town of Spring Hill is named for my family’s ranch where I lived until I was eight years old.
2. In the book Riley has identical twin brothers. I have triplet sisters so I know a little about the “fun” that can happen with identical siblings.
3. Like Riley, I was an Air Force officer, and I got to meet several special ops guys, including some Combat Rescue Officers.
4. My three-year old nephew gave me the name for the town’s café, Fork & Spoon. His second choice was Eat Up.
5. My daughter was getting married at the time I wrote the book, and I asked her wedding photographer research questions since the heroine, Claire, and he share the same profession.
6. Claire’s two-year old son, Ethan, loves toy cars as did my own son. I got to witness plenty of play time with a toddler and his cars and used that in some of the scenes.
7. Even though I don’t mention it by name, I patterned the base that Riley visits after Lackland AFB in San Antonio.
8. I often use pictures of celebrities on my story board when I’m writing. The one I used for Riley was actor, Josh Hartnett.
9. Like Claire, I have done a house remodel and have scraped plenty of wallpaper. It was just as hard for Claire as it was for me.
10. My working title for the book was Have I Told You Lately, but I like Texas On My Mind much better.
Do you enjoy contemporary romances with a Western flair?
Have you read Delores Fossen's books yet?
Do you have a favorite?
Did you know the Harlequin American Romance line is now called Harlequin Western Romance?
What other Harlequin Western authors are you reading?
Check out more Harlequin authors on the other Ultimate Western Blog Tour stops:
Monday, August 1st: The Romance Dish – Delores Fossen guest post
Wednesday, August 3rd: Broken Teepee – Trish Milburn guest post
Friday, August 5th: Reading Reality – Lindsay McKenna guest post
Monday, August 8th: Read Love Blog – Linda Warren guest post
Wednesday, August 10th: Buried Under Romance – Diana Palmer guest post
Friday, August 12th: Smexy Books – Maisey Yates guest post
Monday, August 15th: Books and Spoons – BJ Daniels guest post
Wednesday, August 17th: Reading is My Superpower – Cathy Gillen Thacker guest post
Friday, August 19th: The Sassy Bookster – Jodi Thomas guest post
Monday, August 22nd: Bewitched Bookworms – Roz Denny Fox guest post
Wednesday, August 24th: The Reading Date – Linda Lael Miller guest post
Friday, August 26th: From the TBR Pile – Barbara White Daille guest post
Texas On My Mind
By Delores Fossen
Release Date: February 23, 2016
Air force captain Riley McCord has come home on medical leave to find one heck of a welcome reception. Every unattached woman in Spring Hill, Texas, wants to nurse him back to health. That includes his childhood friend Claire Davidson—the only person who understands how damaged he really feels. In high school, she chose his best friend over him. According to Riley's rules, that should make her off-limits forever. But when Claire suggests a no-strings fling, he can't refuse.
Claire always wanted Riley—but she also craved the safety and stability he couldn't offer. So she chose another path, only to end up crazier about him than ever. She's even convinced herself that this time she won't be devastated when he leaves. Yet once Riley realizes the depth of Claire's feelings—and his own—he'll have to make the ultimate choice: return to the job he loves or stay home for the woman who's always lived in his heart.