Monday, November 26, 2012
Holiday Quick Six
1) What's your favorite Christmas Carol?
I have two: "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and "Silver Bells"
2) Do you put up a Christmas tree? How many? Colored lights or clear? Live or artificial?
I've put up multiple trees in past years but I'm stopping with one this year. Colored lights.
3) Do you decorate or light the outside of your house?
I drape garland with red bows along my front porch. No outside lights this year.
4) Do you send out Christmas cards? Store bought or home made?
I buy cards, write a personal note in each and include Christmas photos of the dogs in the cards that go to people who don't think I'm weird for including photos of my dogs. ;-)
5) Do you do any holiday baking? Is there a "must have" treat you make every Christmas?
I do a lot of holiday baking and candy making. Must make recipe for me is my Dipped Log Cookies, a kind of pecan sandie cookie, dusted with powdered sugar and dipped in chocolate. Bet you can't eat just one! (You can find the recipe here.)
6) What's your favorite way to de-stress during the hectic holiday season?
I put on my Kenny G Christmas album, turn off all the lights except the tree, prop my feet up and absorb the beauty of the music and the lights. Never fails to soothe my frazzled self.
One randomly chosen person will win a book from my prize stash or - if you live outside the U.S. - a book from bookdepository.com.